Use the Advanced Search feature to find content that meets several specific criteria. Use advanced search to enter a set of criteria and search the full site for results. Follow these steps to use the advanced search.
- Click advanced search on the home page or in the search interaction at the top of the home page.
Use any or all of the advanced search fields as you create your search.
Common Search Items
- Enter specific keyword(s). Separate multiple keywords by a comma.
- Select a Subject Area.
- Select a Grade Level.
- Select Conditions of Use. Tip: this field is particularly helpful if you want to find content that is open to remix and reuse.
- Select Search or continue to select more specific criteria.
Additional Search Criteria
Select one or more items from the Additional Search Criteria section
- Educational Standards. Use the drop-down menu to find content associated with a particular standard such as Common Core or Next Generation Science Standards. Search by a broad category or narrow your search to a specific standard.
- Evaluation Criteria. This field is related to the evaluation rubrics. You can use this item to find content with high scores on items such as “degree of alignment” or "opportunities for deeper learning."
- Language. Search for content published in a specific language.
- Subject Area. Search for one or more subjects.
- Educational Use. Select the type of content you are looking for. Note: this field is dynamic, so only languages for which we have content are listed in the search menu.
- Material Type. Select one or more material types.
- Member Activity. Use this section to find content that has been tagged or commented on by other users.
- Rubric Evaluated. Check these boxes to find content that has been aligned with the OER Evaluation Rubrics on the site.
- Content Source. Search for Open Author Resource (content hosted on the site, which can be copied remixed directly) or Content Provider Resources (content hosted on external sites, created by Submit from Web).
- Primary User. Use these options to find content intended for a particular audience such as parents, administrators, or students.
- Level. Designate your targeted education level. Drill down to sublevels for greater refinement; for example, open Primary to select Lower or Upper Primary.
- Media Format. Find content in a specific format such as eBook or Video.
- Accessibility. Search for content related to specific accessibility requirements.
- Conditions of Use. Select one or more Conditions of Use to find content that meets your remix and redistribution needs.